ausEE Inc. provides valuable information relevant to eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders through this website to both patients and physicians.
We strive to improve the quality of life for people with eosinophilic disorders. Here are just some of our goals and activities:
Support - Online support is available through our facebook group forums, we host Virtual Support Group meetings through Zoom and we can coordinate face-to-face support group meetings hosted in your local area.
Information and Education
- We are aiming to have our brochure Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders ; What you should know
and the ausEE Information flyer
displayed in all gastroenterology clinics and hospitals in Australia. We are well on our way to achieving this goal. Please help us by taking a copy to your doctor, medical specialists and treating hospital. Please let your medical team know about ausEE so they can advise other patients that support is available.
- We donate hand knitted ausEE dolls to gastroenterology clinics in hospitals to be given to kids undergoing endoscopies or surgery for EGID/EoE. If you like to knit and would like to volunteer please read our ausEE knitted doll pattern
for more information.
- Thanks to being awarded grant funding
we have published three children’s picture books about living with an eosinophilic disorder. The first 'Meet Arabella' follows the diagnosis journey and the second 'Being Henry' is about living with EoE. Our third book 'Olivia and Kate' is about the siblings of Arabella and Henry. These books were written by ausEE's President, Sarah Gray and Vice-President, Mercedez Hinchcliff and are based on their children. All books are available for purchase from our Gift Shop
for just $8 each including postage! ausEE thanks Peter Carnvas
for illustrating our books.
- We are funding and supporting medical research and clinical trials in Australia into eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders - your support can help us to find a CURE! See our For Physicians
page for information on our research grants.
- We undertake investigation and where appropriate take action to try to have products, which will be of benefit to patients, be made available in Australia and included on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
Conferences - ausEE Inc. exhibits at several medical professional conferences each year throughout Australia to raise awareness of our organisation to the medical community. Check out our latest exhibition information here. In the future we plan on hosting an annual EGID Patient Education Conference, involving specialists in the field and incorporating a family fun day, targeted at families and individuals living with eosinophilic disorders.
Fundraising Events - Check out our Events Calendar for information on upcoming events and you can see images from our past fundraising events here. Proceeds from our events go towards medical research and into achieving our objectives.
Top 8 Challenge Appeal
- Can you remove the Top 8 allergenic foods and live a day in the life of someone with an eosinophilic disorder? Top 8 Challenge day is held every year during National EOS Awareness Week on 8 August! Please visit our Top 8 Challenge
website for more information on our fundraising appeal, designed to bring awareness to these disorders and much needed funds for medical research. You can download our Top 8 Challenge Day poster
and help spread the word about this campaign. Thank you for taking our Top 8 Challenge on 8/8!
- Our National EOS Awareness week is held in August each year - to find out more about this year's awareness week click here
. We also promote Australia's Feeding Tube Awareness Week each year. Visit here
for more information. We advocate to raise awareness for eosinophilic disorders and more community understanding of what it is like to live with multiple food allergies - check out our latest campaign on - facebook Allergy Free Cooking on TV
- We are seeking television and newspaper coverage to bring awareness to eosinophilic disorders and ausEE, so those who are living with an EGID will know support is available and for anyone who may be suffering without a diagnosis may get the information they need to be able to talk to their doctor. If you are willing to share your story with the Media please Contact Us
. Check out some of our media articles here
- Our Australian Allergy Friendly Finds pages on Facebook and Instagram is our dedicated place to share our favourite recipes and allergy friendly finds to help you in living with EGID and allergies. If you have discovered a great allergy friendly product, food, restaurant or recipe that has helped you and might in-turn help others please share it with us! We don't accept or host any paid advertisements - we freely post to help others find allergy friendly products!
Members Supporting Members
- Some of our members run home-based/small/family-run businesses and for Christmas 2019 we put together our first Christmas Gift Guide! This was an opportunity for our members to support members in new ways, by sharing the Christmas joy and helping each other grow! If you are wanting to buy local/support friends/handmade/small businesses etc. and find out about our fundraising programs, please download the guide here.