We have more excellent news to share – Bella has well and truly passed 20kg!!! In the school holidays we visited the dietitian again and she was 20.7kg. She has finally passed the weight of her 6 year old sister Olivia (2 year age difference but has weighed the same as Bella for as long as we can remember). We had a little 20kg party when we reached this milestone!!
As a family we’ve all learnt a lot since starting tube feeding and we thought we’d share a few with you (some of these come from Bella):
• Tube feeding is not as scary as we thought it would be
• It feels great to have energy all day long
• A new swim suit is a good encouragement before swimming for the first time with the button
• Buttons can make a lot of gunk and use a lot of cotton buds to clean
• Buttons make weird noises sometimes
• If a pump breaks down it is sure to happen in the middle of the night and before a weekend!! (I have to add though Nutricia home service were very helpful and a replacement pump was delivered the very next day)
And the last one is one of life’s new mysteries…
• How does stray hair manage to keep getting itself wrapped around the button?